#46: The New Home Habit That’s Saving Us Nearly $1,000!
We did it! We finally cut the cable cord (thanks in part to your suggestions) and we’re spilling how it all went down and, more importantly, how it’ll save us tons of money this year. And yes, Sherry still has her beloved Bravo channel. We also learn some pretty eye-opening secrets about a few big HGTV stars and even get to talk to two new ones – from right here in Richmond! Plus, we share how we live without ceiling fans and how Sherry’s nerding it up with her new favorite neckwear.
You can download this episode from iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, and TuneIn Radio – or listen to it below! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos that we referenced. Note: If you’re reading in a feed reader, you might have to click through to the post to see the player.
- There’s a super detailed post breaking down our cable cutting coming atcha later this week, but in the meantime here’s a quick reference to the services/devices we mentioned:
- Alas, I couldn’t get a decent picture of our cleaning supplies in the closet (two are hung in weird nook around the back of the door) – but above are the tops of each one so you can see the holes we were talking about (each one is linked below for you). I also meant to mention that I did have to add a heavier duty screw for the Swiffer because the liquid solution made it weightier.
- Here’s that list of 21 Secret-Ish Facts About HGTV Designers that had some real gems that we hadn’t heard yet (like Christina el Moussa’s prenatal yoga DVD). Side note: how did Sherry know about Scott McGillvray’s boy band days??
- But of course, here’s what you’re really here to see – the full Property Brothers music video.
- And here’s that Joanna Gaines tire commercial that we mentioned.
- Don’t forget you can catch Josh & Breese’s HGTV pilot, Richmond Rehabbers, this Sunday, May 7th at Noon EST.
- And you can also check out their past projects, including some great before & afters, like the one below:
And here’s one of their kitchen makeovers:
- Here are the wireless Bluetooth headphones that Sherry’s fashionably sporting around the house every chance she gets (does she look excited, or what?).
- And here’s the exact tabletop fan that we have in our bedroom (it’s made by Hunter so it’s got great power and we have had it for 3+ years).
- The exact model in our daughter’s room is over 7 years old, so it’s no longer sold, but this is the current version of it from the same exact maker (it also comes in other colors).
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
Visit annieselke.com/yhl to learn more about The Annie Selke Companies and use code YHL15 to get 15% off your next order
*This post contains affiliate links
The post #46: The New Home Habit That’s Saving Us Nearly $1,000! appeared first on Young House Love.