A Few Things
Hello, Friends. How are you? How was your week? Today is the last day of the school year here in Oakland. We have some big things going on. Our daughter Betty has a promotion ceremony — she’s leaving 5th grade and headed to middle school — and she’s speaking today! She has worked really, really hard on this speech. I get so nervous for my kids. I find myself hoping everyone laughs at the right places. Hah!
This evening, our second oldest, Maude, is graduating from high school. She’s got her cap and gown. Her tassel. She is ready to go. And we’re all feeling great about her high school career. She did good.
To celebrate the end of the school year, the kids are headed to Aunt Liz’s house tonight for a Cousins Sleepover. They are probably more excited about that, than that it’s the last day of school. : )
I need to go get ready for our busy weekend, but before I head out, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
– A mother gets surprising news about her newborn.
– Parallels between sexual harassment testimony and Comey’s testimony. (NYT)
– Wow! You can draw electrical lines that really conduct electricity with this inexpensive paint.
– Forget the pee cure, here’s how you really fix a jellyfish sting.
– A new art installation on the Highline — a “fauxdega” made out of felt. (NYT)
– Baby boomers are downsizing, and their kids don’t want their furniture.
– Remarkable before and after images of the California drought.
– Increasing salaries so that teachers don’t have to become principals.
– 20 Tech Visionaries we should all know about. (FYI: 9 spots are taken by women.)
– I haven’t watched The Keepers yet (anyone else?), but I loved these thoughts on Women Who Believe Women.
– I’m still happy about Wonder Women. I hope to take the kids this weekend. Here’s the most passionate Wonder Woman review ever.
– And here’s an article about how the Amazons really did fight and die like men.
There was so much good stuff on the internet this week! I feel like I could make a second list just as long. : ) I hope you have a really terrific weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.