We love giving you, our Apartment Therapy readers, a behind the scenes sneak peek into the design process. It’s not that often we get to see how products go from inspiration to in store, but we jump at the chance to lift the veil whenever we can. So that’s why we are thrilled to announce an exciting experiment thought up by the wonderful people behind Dash & Albert: The Annie Selke Rug Design Challenge.
Here’s how it’s going to work: Your favorite bloggers and digital influencers will take part in a year long project to design a custom rug for the brand. 15 will submit designs that reflect their personal aesthetic and you’ll pick the top ten submissions by voting on the Annie Selke Instagram account. The ten designs with the most likes will be produced and sold by Dash & Albert, to debut at High Point Market in 2018.
Between voting and High Point, there will be a ton of fun stuff to see, as the the winning designers will be keeping you updated on their own social media channels with what it takes to bring a design on paper to real life. From the design process, to choosing materials and colors, to the actual production, and finally making the rug available for consumers, the influencers will be documenting each step throughout the year-long production process. As the media partner, we’ll be sure to keep you in the loop along the way!
Here are the 15 influencers participating in the 2017 Annie Selke Rug Design Challenge:
- Anita Joyce, Cedar Hill Farmhouse
- Melaine Thompson, My Sweet Savannah
- Genifer Sohr, Pencil & Paper Co.
- Rachel Shingleton, Pencil Shavings Studio
- Holly Phillips, The English Room
- Layla Palmer, The Lettered Cottage
- Nicole Balch, Making it Lovely
- Melissa Michaels, The Inspired Room
- Sandra Downie, The Rustic Life
- Chassity Evans, Look Linger Love
- Jennifer O’Brien, City Farmhouse
- Marian Parsons, Miss Mustard Seed
- Kevin O’Gara, Thou Swell
- Lauren McBride, Lauren McBride Blog
- Lauren Nelson, Lauren Nelson Blog
Voting starts July 6 over on Annie Selke’s Instagram. Get excited, we’ll be back with more from the designers as the challenge progresses!