Relaxing on a porch swing, sipping sweet tea under a large shade tree… Sounds completely dreamy to me, which is why I absolutely adore this charming single family home in historic Houston Heights. It’s spacious while still feeling cozy, with a balanced mix of vintage charm and modern updates and serene outdoor space for days.
This is a quintessentially storybook family home, complete with porch swing, shade tree, breakfast nook and huge backyard. The home is a lovely mix of vintage and modern on a quiet street in an historic neighborhood—it’s spacious but still cozy with ample outdoor space, which is perfect for a family home.
Built in 1925, this property retains plenty of vintage charm home, but tasteful modern updates (many of the updates were done in 2015) make this a very livable home as well.
- 622 E 14th Street, Houston, TX 77008
- Located in historic Houston Heights
- 3 bed • 2 bath • 1,530 sq ft single family home
- Property website
Things We Love About This Property Crush:
- Located in beautiful and historic Houston Heights, this single family home (built in 1925) has equal parts vintage charm and tasteful updates for the best of both worlds.
- Spacious, sunny two-story layout situated on extra-large 6,250 sq ft lot.
- Home features gorgeous hardwood flooring throughout, original moldings, and high ceilings.
- Extra large back deck, perfect for relaxing and entertaining in serene backyard setting.
- Beautifully updated kitchen with encaustic tile work, new gas range and wine fridge.
- Utterly wonderful breakfast area overlooking backyard.
- Three nice-sized bedrooms and two full baths.
- Charming front porch swing overlooking oversized front yard and large shade tree.
- Not one but two laundry rooms!
- Separate garage apartment with two bedrooms.
Are you on the house hunt, or just the type of person who loves browsing real estate listings, even when you’re not in the market for a new home? Property Crush is a column where we feature actual real estate listings that get the Apartment Therapy seal of approval in regards to style (we haven’t done home inspections or anything, so don’t sue us). If you see a listing you think we’d like, email our tip line at firstname.lastname@example.org.