Prime Day Preview: Tips For Snagging the Best Deals (Starting Right Now!)
Today, Amazon announced details for Prime Day, a shopping holiday the company started two years ago to celebrate their Prime subscribers with a day full of discounts. According to the Amazon, the third annual Prime Day will be the biggest yet, with deals starting as soon as… right this very second.
Prime Day 2017 is officially Tuesday, July 11, but this year, Amazon is celebrating for a a full 30 hours, and there will be over 100,000 deals worldwide across nearly all categories—their biggest event yet. Deals will begin on 9pm EDT on Monday, July 10, 2017, and running all day through 2:59am EDT, Wednesday, July 12, 2017, with new ones happening as often as every five minutes. Don’t worry, we’ll be back then to round up the best bargains for your home, just like last year.
Some things they’re improving for 2017:
- Explore deals you’re into: Find deals organized by more than 20 of the most-shopped-for themes. From pet lovers to gardeners and techies to artists – find your deals even faster.
- Voice shopping: There will be even more Alexa-exclusive deals for members with an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, Amazon Tap, compatible Fire TV or Fire tablet.
- Watch a deal: The Amazon App allows early deal watching in every country. Preview, track, and shop with deal alerts on the Amazon App.
- Amazon’s big TV deal: Prime Day will include huge TV deals, with a variety of brands including the all new Element 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV – Amazon Fire TV Edition. Amazon is planning one of its largest total volume TV deals in history with a record level of inventory but once again, the TV deals will likely sell out.
In addition to Prime Day blockbuster deals, Amazon will launch five days of daily Lead-Up Deals starting July 5, 2017 that make it easy to get started with key Prime benefits in the following categories: voice shopping (that’s orders exclusively placed through Amazon’s voice assistant, Alexa), music, video, reading, and everyday essentials. The schedule is as follows:
- July 5th – Alexa Voice-Shopping
- July 6th – Amazon Music
- July 7th – Amazon Video
- July 8th – Everyday Essentials
- July 9th – Amazon Reading
If you’re not a Prime subscriber, you can get a 30-day free trial starting now (so you’re ready for Prime Day).
And if you are already a Prime member, don’t worry, there are some early access deals for you, too—specifically on Amazon services through July 11:
Amazon Music Unlimited:
Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get the best deal in Amazon Music history – four months of the full catalog on-demand service with access to tens of millions of songs,
Prime members can save up to 35% off with
on select food and household items in Prime Pantry.
Enjoy the world’s largest library of audiobooks plus original audio programming from Audible for
(just $8.95/month for 6 months).
Get $10 to shop on Amazon.com anytime on or before Prime Day when you stream a video included in Prime
As usual, Prime Day is a marathon, not a sprint. Be sure to pace yourself, hydrate and check back for our top picks.