Anthropologie’s Latest Furniture Collab with Liberty of London Is Bold Floral Perfection
(Image credit: Anthropologie)
Great news for floral lovers: Anthropologie’s latest collection features the bold and colorful fabrics of Liberty of London for some seriously chic statement furniture pieces that will keep any room in bloom.
While florals are most definitely back, Liberty of London lovers will attest that they never truly left. The English company has been around since the 1920s, and has been churning out iconic prints ever since. (The origin of the prints goes back even further, said to be inspired by 17th and 18th century Indian textiles.) The collection takes some of the brand’s most memorable patterns and updates them for the modern, color loving consumer.
The partnership with Anthropologie marks the first furniture collection in the English brand’s history that will be available in the US, with 40 pieces including sofas, chairs, and ottomans, as well as decor and accessories like teacups, bedding, and journals, all covered in 18 of the brand’s heritage archival prints.
“In my mind, Liberty has always been the ultimate print brand,” says Andrew Carnie, president of home and garden at Anthropologie. “Liberty was the originator of that cozy, pastoral, and quintessentially English pattern mix. My first memory of Liberty was their Wiltshire Berry print: It was on an address book and matching pencil my mother used to keep next to the telephone.”
Some smaller pieces are available online now, with the full collection in select stores and online starting August 14. Check out some of our favorites below:
- Liberty Angelina Sofa in Geometric Floral
- Liberty Cardiff Sofa in Feather Bloom
- Liberty Lucia Chair in Strawberry Thief
- Liberty Bixby Chair in Strawberry Thief
- Liberty Edlyn Bench in Peacock Fan
- Liberty for Anthropologie Wiltshire Berry Duvet, $158-$198
- Liberty for Anthropologie Geo Paradise Garden Cheese Board, $58
- Liberty for Anthropologie Peacock Orchid 2017-2018 Planner, $34
- Liberty for Anthropologie Pillow, $78