A Few Things
Hello, Friends. How are you? What was this week like for you? It was a strange one for me. I put a ton of hours and super late nights into a project that hit a dead end yesterday. It left me feeling bummed out today. But thank goodness the weekend has arrived! Anything fun on your schedule?
The main thing on my weekend list: finishing up our kitchen refresh. Did I tell you we’ve been making some updates? Taking down the upper cupboards? Putting in a new sink? I’ll show you the whole thing next week. It’s been a fun project.
But before that happens, I’ve got a few things I’ve wanted to share with you.
– The first white president. This is long, but really worthwhile. Make some time to read it. Sometimes I think I have a handle on what it means to be white in America, but reading this opened my eyes once again.
– An interesting article on the connection between sugar and cancer.
– My niece Sophie sent me this one — the evolution of women in stock photos. (NYT)
– Handmade raffia oxfords? Yes, please. Should I go for stripes or solids?
– What it’s like to share your birthday with a national tragedy.
– Decades of failing to diagnose ADHD in girls has led to a lost generation of women.
– Can you really not clean your kitchen sponges?
– Why do women have periods? I learned a bunch from this TED video.
– Hah! A new online shopping experience.
– Infuriating. Facebook enabled advertisers to reach “jew haters.”
I hope you have a really marvelous weekend. Maybe you’ll see a hint a fall where you live? I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.