A Few Things
Hello, Friends. How are you? Did you have a good week? The first thing I read after I checked my phone this morning was the tweet from the Mayor of Puerto Rico pleading and begging for help. Absolutely, gut-wrenching. If you’d like to help, here’s the link the Lin Manual Miranda has been sharing.
Can you believe October is coming this weekend? What a year! Any fun plans on your schedule? We’re hosting a group of teenage boys and their dads tonight for a BBQ and a church event. Which means we will probably spend a good chunk of today cleaning the house. Hah! In the meantime, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share:
– A powerful story about an ultra-runner who doesn’t fit the ultra-runner stereotypes.
– Big change on Twitter. They’re changing the 140 character limit to 280. Thoughts?
– Well shoot. New research says the shorter you sleep, the shorter your life.
– Curious about trying the Grove Collaborative freebie deal? I did an unboxing video so you can see what your first purchase would be like.
– Hmmm. Do you shop at Whole Foods? How do you feel about the new changes?
– The unlikely return of Cat Stevens. (I listened exclusively to Cat Stevens the summer after my freshman year in college. I haven’t heard his new stuff yet. Have you?)
– When “back to school” brings out your kid’s dark side.
I hope you have a really marvelous weekend and get the chance to welcome October with open arms. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — Halloween dishtowels! A fun, easy project to make with your kids this week.