Hello, Friends. How are you? Are you looking forward to the weekend? I’ve got a trip scheduled and I’m excited about it. I’m headed to Vermont tomorrow to do some work with Stonyfield and visit some of their farms. I know Vermont has a reputation for being stunning in the fall and I’m hoping I’ll get to see some colorful trees in all their glory while I’m there. How about you? Anything on your calendar?
I also wanted to mention a project I’m working on. I’m trying to connect with my core supporters. What is a core supporter? Honestly, I’m not sure exactly. Hah! Basically, if you consider yourself a strong fan of the blog, and the Design Mom social channels, and the book, and the Design Mom Community, you’re probably a core supporter. And if you are, and interested to know more, email me with “core supporter” in the subject and I’ll send you an invite.
And now, I’ve got a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
– What if you had an app on your phone that could kill with a swipe? (I appreciate that the author responds to common arguments in the essay.)
– Accidentally Wes Anderson is my new favorite Instagram feed.
– Related: If famous directors made recipes.
– Do cultural difference change what depression feels like?
– An NPR employee accidentally posted something personal on an NPR social feed, and made everyone who saw it really, really happy.
– You know how in the movies they cops will say, “I’ll run a trace on the gun.” This is how a trace actually works.
– The coolest music-related thing I’ve seen in awhile. Well worth your 6 minutes and 18 seconds.
– How to raise a feminist son. (NYT)
– The 9 snobbiest cheeses on the planet. Have you tried any of them?
– It’s Socktober! An really great excuse to do something good.
– My friend Morra’s book is so good! It’s called Hiding in the Bathroom: An Introvert’s Roadmap to Getting Out There (When You’d Rather Stay Home).
– I would not have predicted it, but I still like oil pulling.
I hope you have a really gorgeous fall weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.