These Are the Cult Favorite Brands that Offer Lifetime Warranties on Everything
If you, like me, feel serious shopping stress whenever you need to make a purchase, you probably make it a point to shop at stores that have easy or extended return policies. But some brands go above and beyond making returns a more simple, happier process—they back their products for life. As in, if you buy something from them, you never have to worry about shopping for that item ever again, because they’ll repair or replace it forever.
Not only does that mean you’ll save money in the long run, it also means that the products you’re buying are made to stand the test of time—after all, brands don’t back their products with a lifetime warranty unless they mean it, right?
If this has you feeling inspired to make some lifelong product investments, here are some of the best cult-favorite brands that offer lifetime warranties on everything, along with some of their top-rated items.
You probably know OXO for having genius and affordable products for just about every task and every room in your home, but they also have an amazing return policy—so long as the products have been used under normal household use and properly cared for, if you’re unsatisfied with a product, just contact OXO and you’ll get a refund or a replacement.
Lands’ End’s policy? “Guaranteed. Period.” It’s unconditional—according to their website, if you’re not satisfied with a purchase at any time, you can always return it for an exchange or refund of its purchase price.
Cutco is backed by its well known “Forever Guarantee” which states that, if you’re unsatisfied with the performance of a product, they will either fix the problem or replace it. Sharpening is free for life (though you have to pay shipping and handling) and products that are damaged from use can be replaced at a discounted rate.
L.L. Bean is famous for it’s lifetime warranty, which the brand calls “a promise we’ll be fair to each other.” It states that if something you bought from their store isn’t working the way you think it should be, L.L. Bean will take it back.
Outdoor enthusiasts, rejoice! Patagonia’s “Ironclad Guarantee” states that they stand behind every item they make—and that they’ll repair, replace or refund any items you’re not satisfied with, either for free or at a reasonable charge depending on the damage.
Brands with “Almost Everything” Warranties
These brands are also known for offering lifetime warranties—they just don’t offer them on every single product. If you’re looking for that lifetime guarantee, be sure to check the specifics of their policies before you make any purchases.
- Away: Away offers lifetime warranties on all of their luggage and will repair and replace most of the components for free—they just don’t cover the electronic parts of their products beyond two years.
- Calphalon: Most of Calphalon’s products come with lifetime warranties, but not all of them—you can find the details of their warranty offerings here.
- Costco: Costco is well-known for standing by their products, and thus, having a pretty lax return policy—but not everything is covered. You can read more about the exceptions here.
- Craftsman: Craftsman also has great lifetime warranty coverage, but it doesn’t extend to every product. Hand tools do come with lifetime warranties, but other products have more limited policies.
- Le Creuset: Most of Le Creuset’s products come with lifetime warranties, but not all of them come with coverage for life—there are specific policies for different kinds of products, which you can learn about here.