A Few Things
Hello, Friends. How are you? How was your week? Are you affected by the wildly cold temps hitting the East Coast? I’m so worried about everyone — and their furnaces. We got back from a lovely 80 degree Palm Springs yesterday. It was good trip, but so strange to be watching the icy Instagram images of my friends as my kids hung out by the pool. : )
It’s been such a funny week of combined work and vacation. And though I’ve loved the family time, I know it’s good that the kids are heading back to school on Monday.
Before I forget, I want to thank you so much for taking the Design Mom 2018 Survey. I appreciate your feedback so much. Some of you let me know it was requiring a log-in and I finally figured out what the problem is, and fixed it. It should no longer require any sort of log-in, so if you’d still like to take it, I’ll leave it open through the weekend. I’m looking forward to discussing the results with you next week. There have been several surprises to me so far!
What’s not surprising? I’ve a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you.
– Feeling poor? Feeling wealthy? Find out where you fall on the Global Rich List.
– Decadence is an irreversible condition. A sobering read.
– The patriarchs are falling. Is the patriarchy stronger than ever? (NYT)
– Ever fallen asleep with your phone near your pillow? Yikes.
– Do you have an opinion on summer pranks?
– Just ordered my second tube of Boy Brow. It love this stuff.
– How to declutter your inbox and keep it that way in the future.
– Mount St. Helens is rumbling again. (Should I be embarrassed that I assumed it was a dead volcano?)
– This week, the president of the Mormon church, Thomas S. Monson, died. He’s been in church leadership my entire lifetime, and the same is true for most Mormons, so it’s an impactful loss. My Facebook feed has had many sweet tributes and memories about him. It’s been tender to read them.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ll meet you back here next week. I miss you already.
P.S. — Sheet pan tacos.